Old 20-07-2005, 01:41 PM
Wooly

I'll be glad to come take some cuttings. When is a good time for me
to come by?

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 20:45:21 -0500, Joe Doe
spewed forth :

In article ,
Wooly wrote:

Hi y'all. I've been looking for a 1-5 gallon fruiting fig start for a
couple of months now. Rumor is the Home Depot on Great Hills Trail
had some over the weekend but I couldn't find any when I ran out there
yesterday evening. If you live north-central and have a sucker or
volunteer you're willing to part with I'll bring a spade and a bucket
and come dig it up.

I'd particularly like a Celeste starter but given my luck in finding
*any* fig start I won't turn down a Brown Turkey. As I'm not
profligate in watering my part of the great outdoors I think a Kadota
is probably not suitable.

Thanks!

+++++++++++++

I am on Ave H and 51 St.

I have an huge unknown fig growing in my backyard. Despite the fact that
it is covered with fruit I seldom get to eat any fruit because the birds
pick me clean. The fruit I have eaten were pretty bland - I would not
plant it given a choice. However, the birds seldom let the fruit ripen
and I am occasionally forced to pick at suboptimal times (for figs fruit
will not ripen off the tree and have to be tree ripened). So in truth I
really do not know if it is capable of producing good fruit.

I have not gone back to look for suckers but I would be happy to give
you as many cuttings you want if a sucker does not exist.

If you would like some contact me at rsaldanh and UT domain.

Roland

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...