Old 20-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Reel Mckoi

DD DDD wrote:
My 300 gallond pond is doing great. I little green algae but the water
is finally crystal clear. But my small 50 gallon pond is fish/plantless.
Its for a fountain. I leave the fountain on 24/7 but 2 times now I had
to drain it because of mosquito larve swimming the water, about 200. So
moving water does not distract them. I put 1 ounce of bleach in the
water and I have no problems. Is this ok with a small fountain that has
a screen over it (1/2 inch sq. holes) No birds or wildlife can get to
the water. Also the bleach keeps the pump working better and very clear.
But does it kill mosquito larve? Thank you

try farting in the water, the methane will kill them all in a second.