Old 18-07-2005, 04:27 AM
DD DDD

Default Mosquito problem Help

My 300 gallond pond is doing great. I little green algae but the water
is finally crystal clear. But my small 50 gallon pond is fish/plantless.
Its for a fountain. I leave the fountain on 24/7 but 2 times now I had
to drain it because of mosquito larve swimming the water, about 200. So
moving water does not distract them. I put 1 ounce of bleach in the
water and I have no problems. Is this ok with a small fountain that has
a screen over it (1/2 inch sq. holes) No birds or wildlife can get to
the water. Also the bleach keeps the pump working better and very clear.
But does it kill mosquito larve? Thank you

Old 18-07-2005, 04:54 AM
Courageous

My 300 gallond pond is doing great. I little green algae but the water
is finally crystal clear. But my small 50 gallon pond is fish/plantless.
Its for a fountain. I leave the fountain on 24/7 but 2 times now I had
to drain it because of mosquito larve swimming the water, about 200. So
moving water does not distract them. I put 1 ounce of bleach in the
water and I have no problems. Is this ok with a small fountain that has
a screen over it (1/2 inch sq. holes) No birds or wildlife can get to
the water. Also the bleach keeps the pump working better and very clear.
But does it kill mosquito larve? Thank you

Probably. And chlorine certainly will. Tons of it at your local pool
supply place, including little lozenges you can drop in there, to keep
the levels relatively stable.

But no need for harsh chemcials, look he

You could also try some mosquito fish in that little 50 gallon if
you wanted.

And the dunks, fish, and plants are compatible...

C//

Old 18-07-2005, 09:54 PM
2Rowdy

Message nvalid,
by author Otto Pylot aka inspired me,
In article , DD DDD
wrote:

My 300 gallond pond is doing great. I little green algae but the
water is finally crystal clear. But my small 50 gallon pond is
fish/plantless. Its for a fountain. I leave the fountain on 24/7
but 2 times now I had to drain it because of mosquito larve
swimming the water, about 200. So moving water does not distract
them. I put 1 ounce of bleach in the water and I have no problems.
Is this ok with a small fountain that has a screen over it (1/2
inch sq. holes) No birds or wildlife can get to the water. Also
the bleach keeps the pump working better and very clear. But does
it kill mosquito larve? Thank you

Just add mosquito fish. They breed like crazy and will take care of
*any* mosquito larvae that tries to live in your pond. A lot of
County Mosquito Abatement agencies will even provide them for free!

Don't think the fish will suriveve in Bleeched water.
--
d:Johan; Certifiable me; http://www.aacity.net

Outgoing mail is not certified Virus Free.
Not checked by a anti-virus system.
Old 20-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Reel Mckoi

DD DDD wrote:
My 300 gallond pond is doing great. I little green algae but the water
is finally crystal clear. But my small 50 gallon pond is fish/plantless.
Its for a fountain. I leave the fountain on 24/7 but 2 times now I had
to drain it because of mosquito larve swimming the water, about 200. So
moving water does not distract them. I put 1 ounce of bleach in the
water and I have no problems. Is this ok with a small fountain that has
a screen over it (1/2 inch sq. holes) No birds or wildlife can get to
the water. Also the bleach keeps the pump working better and very clear.
But does it kill mosquito larve? Thank you

try farting in the water, the methane will kill them all in a second.
Old 23-07-2005, 12:49 AM
ynotssor

"Reel Mckoi" wrote in message

My 300 gallond pond is doing great. I little green algae but the
water is finally crystal clear. But my small 50 gallon pond is
fish/plantless. Its for a fountain. I leave the fountain on 24/7 but
2 times now I had to drain it because of mosquito larve swimming the
water, about 200. So moving water does not distract them. I put 1
ounce of bleach in the water and I have no problems. Is this ok with
a small fountain that has a screen over it (1/2 inch sq. holes) No
birds or wildlife can get to the water. Also the bleach keeps the
pump working better and very clear. But does it kill mosquito larve?

try farting in the water, the methane will kill them all in a second.

Won't the bleach burn his anus?

Old 23-07-2005, 12:55 AM
Mos

"ynotssor" wrote in message

"Reel Mckoi" wrote in message

My 300 gallond pond is doing great. I little green
algae but the water is finally crystal clear. But my
small 50 gallon pond is fish/plantless. Its for a
fountain. I leave the fountain on 24/7 but 2 times now
I had to drain it because of mosquito larve swimming
the water, about 200. So moving water does not distract
them. I put 1 ounce of bleach in the water and I have
no problems. Is this ok with a small fountain that has
a screen over it (1/2 inch sq. holes) No birds or
wildlife can get to the water. Also the bleach keeps
the pump working better and very clear. But does it
kill mosquito larve?

try farting in the water, the methane will kill them all
in a second.

Won't the bleach burn his anus?

Nobody cares if a mosquito's arse hurts.

Old 23-07-2005, 01:08 AM
ynotssor

"Mos" Not@YourHouse wrote in message

My 300 gallond pond is doing great. I little green
algae but the water is finally crystal clear. But my
small 50 gallon pond is fish/plantless. Its for a
fountain. I leave the fountain on 24/7 but 2 times now
I had to drain it because of mosquito larve swimming
the water, about 200. So moving water does not distract
them. I put 1 ounce of bleach in the water and I have
no problems. Is this ok with a small fountain that has
a screen over it (1/2 inch sq. holes) No birds or
wildlife can get to the water. Also the bleach keeps
the pump working better and very clear. But does it
kill mosquito larve?
try farting in the water, the methane will kill them all
in a second.

Won't the bleach burn his anus?

Nobody cares if a mosquito's arse hurts.

ASPCA is gonna getcha!
Old 23-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Milton J. Smuthworthy, I

Then "ynotssor" says:
"Mos" Not@YourHouse wrote in message

the pump working better and very clear. But does it
kill mosquito larve?
try farting in the water, the methane will kill them all
in a second.

Won't the bleach burn his anus?

Nobody cares if a mosquito's arse hurts.

ASPCA is gonna getcha!

They'll be all abuzz over it.
Old 23-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Mos

"Milton J. Smuthworthy, I"
wrote in message

Then "ynotssor" says:
"Mos" Not@YourHouse wrote in message

the pump working better and very clear. But does it
kill mosquito larve?
try farting in the water, the methane will kill them
all in a second.

Won't the bleach burn his anus?

Nobody cares if a mosquito's arse hurts.

ASPCA is gonna getcha!

They'll be all abuzz over it.

Doesn't bug me a bit.