Old 20-07-2005, 10:25 AM
Paul Waites

Rod Craddock wrote:
"Paul Waites" wrote in message

Hi all,

Does anyone know a good spray against aphids that is safe to use on
streptocarus....

Mine are riddled with the blighters this year.... I know that
streptocarpus are quite sensitive to chemicals...

I've tried dilute washing-up liquid but that hasn't done the trick. Any
ideas welcomed.

Cheers,

One of the Imidacloprid based products should do it for you, with the added
bonus of dealing with any Vine Weevil or Sciarid grubs. Apply as a drench -
ie a good watering to each pot. Read the instructions on the pack - we use a
commercial version so I'm not very familiar with the retail packs but iirc
some formulations are meant for watering on and others for spraying. In
general spraying *anything* on Streptocarpus is potentially damaging and to
be avoided as far as possible.

Cheers Rod,

I'll take a look and see if I can find some... Even spraying soay water
seemed to damage the leaves.

Paul.