Old 20-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Reel Mckoi

"gng" wrote in message
news
I have one koi that is sitting on the bottom of the pond. Up until now,

no
issues. He is about 12", pond is healthy and has had no issues. It is
warm today - is this something I should be concerned with?

If the others are swimming around and just this one fish is on the bottom I
would be concerned. Perhaps more water movement (aeration) would help.
Oxygen levels drop in the summer. Every afternoon when my ponds reach the
high 80s (F) my koi all sit quietly on the bottom under the water lilies.
When the sun goes behind the trees and the temperature drops in the late
afternoon, they become active again.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b