Old 20-07-2005, 07:02 PM
gng

Default Fish sitting on bottom of pond - problem?

I have one koi that is sitting on the bottom of the pond. Up until now, no
issues. He is about 12", pond is healthy and has had no issues. It is
warm today - is this something I should be concerned with?

Old 20-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Reel Mckoi

"gng" wrote in message
news
I have one koi that is sitting on the bottom of the pond. Up until now,

no
issues. He is about 12", pond is healthy and has had no issues. It is
warm today - is this something I should be concerned with?

If the others are swimming around and just this one fish is on the bottom I
would be concerned. Perhaps more water movement (aeration) would help.
Oxygen levels drop in the summer. Every afternoon when my ponds reach the
high 80s (F) my koi all sit quietly on the bottom under the water lilies.
When the sun goes behind the trees and the temperature drops in the late
afternoon, they become active again.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 20-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Roy

I always pay close attention to ANY fish that stays off to itself or
stays in one place......Often times its a bacterial problem or
something else....and IHMO its not normal behavior for a fish to be
solitary or remain in a set place for a long period of time.......

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 11:02:11 -0700, "gng"
wrote:

===I have one koi that is sitting on the bottom of the pond. Up until now, no
===issues. He is about 12", pond is healthy and has had no issues. It is
===warm today - is this something I should be concerned with?
===

"The original frugal ponder"
Old 20-07-2005, 10:57 PM
~ janj JJsPond.us

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 11:02:11 -0700, "gng" wrote:

I have one koi that is sitting on the bottom of the pond. Up until now, no
issues. He is about 12", pond is healthy and has had no issues. It is
warm today - is this something I should be concerned with?

What is the water temp? ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~