Old 20-07-2005, 07:08 PM
Martin Sykes

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Pam Moore" wrote
"Martin Sykes"
wrote:

If a single fruit is allowed to develop, will it be larger if it is
nearer
the base or the tip of the plant? Or doesn't it matter?

I would think it would be best close to the plant, as nourishment has
a shorter distance to travel. Just cut the stem a short way after the
selected fruit. Maybe you should leave a leaf or two as with tomatoes
and grapes.

No don't cut the stems after the fruit, you need as much leaf as possible
to provide nutrients. Leave the plants alone, just remove any other fruit
until your chosen one stops growing.

--
Regards
Bob

OK thanks. I'm hoping for just one really big one to put out for halloween
this year.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )