Old 20-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Peter Breed" wrote in message
I know we are as a good 3-4 months from winter, but how big do the fry
have to get to survive 3-4 months at 4degC?
I should explain that I live in the UK, and although I didn't have more
than 1/2 an inch of ice last winter, my pond spends a good 5 months were
the water is too cold to feed the fish.
I apologise if I sound too fussy, but my pond is coming up for its first
anniversary, and I am chuffed to bits that the fish have managed to
breed in the pond's first year, and I guess I feel a bit paternal.

I've had fry live through the winter that were a mere 1 1/2 to 2" long. Our
winter also lasts about 5 months (zone 6 TN).
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b