Old 21-07-2005, 12:00 AM
Andy

Peter Breed wrote:

I apologise if I sound too fussy, but my pond is coming up for its first
anniversary, and I am chuffed to bits that the fish have managed to
breed in the pond's first year, and I guess I feel a bit paternal.

Same here, my fish spawned in early summer. In all I've culled down to
about 20 nice fish. I had returned some of the fry to the pond as an
experiment and the other day I thought I spotted an inch long fish
briefly. Today I saw it again along with a couple of others but I also
spotted fry from at least two other spawnings - some were about 2/5th of
an inch, and others were newly hatched. The fry have completely safe
places to hang out so I reckon the pond is going to be seriously over
stocked and I'll need to find some homes for the little guys at the end
of the summer.

--
Andy