Old 20-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Danny

Default Why only PVC liners ?

Ive been reading up quite a lot about building fish ponds & water gardens &
what I see is that they all advocate the use of PVC liners for lining the
pond. Nobody talked about using bricks & cement or mortar. I'm actually
planning to build a fish pond measuring about 18'x20' in my garden and I
plan to build a more permanent structure by using bricks & cement and
subsequently after plastering, applying it with waterproof coating. Besides
the cost aspect and probably the acidity problem which could quite easily be
cure or neutralized, what are the other disadvantages or adverse effects
that could crop up ? I have in fact constructed the bio-filter & waterfall
with bricks and wandering if it would be disastrous to continue with the
main pond the same way. Appreciate your expert advice before I proceed
further. Thanks all.

Regards,
Danny