Old 21-07-2005, 12:31 PM
fondoo

why not use fresh pea's??

"Reel Mckoi" wrote in message

"Bill Stock" wrote in message

"Reel Mckoi" wrote in message
Is anyone still feeding their GF and koi peas? There was a lot of talk
about feeding peas a few years back. I picked up a can and tried to

feed
them to my fish. Only the rosy red minnows and fry would eat them. The
adult GF and koi weren't much interested. The minnows and fry left the
pea
skins behind. Somehow I don't think I'll be buying them more peas.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

My GF loved frozen peas, skinned of course. It's easier to skin frozen

peas
too, although I'm not sure you'd have to skin a canned pea.

Yes, the canned peas have to be skinned for the smaller fish. The few koi
and adult GF that ate them, ate them whole. I have too many young small
fish to take the time to skin so many peas.

I've been soaking the adult's pellets until softened. They eat those like
crazy!