Old 21-07-2005, 08:58 PM
Stubby

raycruzer wrote:
Of course, there are several great books on weeds with beautiful
pictures that are available and very helpful, as well. There are also
several CDs with software that help you select plant features
interactively.

If you want to go hi tech, you can load a CD into your laptop and carry
it into the the woods? Also, don't forget to bring your GPS, as well,
to note the location of important species!

_______
EWIRM: Ergonica Weed Identification Reference Matrix

My interest is not limited to just weeds.

Whenever I'm hiking, I carry a cell phone and a GPS. But, sigh, it
doesn't help. We came across a campfire in a State forest that had not
been put out and was smoking and spreading. I called fire departments
in 3 surrounding towns before one would accept the job. I told them my
lat-long and they said something like, "Fine. But WHERE are you?"