Old 22-07-2005, 04:22 AM
Cindy

Victor Martinez wrote:
Cindy wrote:
Hey, are you supposed to cut the seed pods off the Crape myrtles? I
have

You're not supposed to do anything, but a light trimming helps.

one out in front of my house that I want to stay shorter, but I
don't like the "scalped" look, so I've just been pruning off the
seeds as the flowers fall.

These trees have such beatiful forms, it's a shame ignorant people
commit crape murder. ;-)

Yes! I'd never seen (or maybe never noticed) an untouched c.m. until I saw
a big clump that had grown out of and through its pot at a local nursery.
They get huge, and the bark is so pretty!