Old 22-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Doug Kanter

"junkyardcat" wrote in message
I've decided to redo the butterfly garden, but I don't want to kill any
flowers that are growing in it right now. I have Cannas, Daylillies,
Amaryllis, Dianthus, Carnations, and a Butterfly Bush in it right now. The
Canna, Dianthus, Carnation, and butterfly bush are the only things
blooming
right now. Can I safely dig them up and transplant them somewhere else? Or
should I wait until Fall when they are no longer blooming?

Thanks!
Angie

I agree with "wait", but if you insist, try to take an enormous amount of
soil without letting it shake off of the roots. This is when it pays to own
a small tarp, so you can slip it under the mass of soil and carry the plant
to its new location. Don't be dumb and try to substitute a plastic trash
bag. Home Depot has tarps.

This is a two person job, by the way.