Old 22-07-2005, 11:09 AM
Susan Erickson

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:34:53 -0700, "K Barrett"
wrote:

Well bulbophyllums are my next group to be tackled. I've repotted ny Catts
and paphs and masds. Leaving the Bulbos and the miscs to be repotted next.

So just *WHAT* is it with bulbos??????? I've tried wet . moss. bark......
they just linger for me. Talk about ticking me off!!!

Bill Thoms says to put them on treefern (horizontal) in 1/4 inch of standing
water... pfft! Nada. No new growth much less blooms. So I put them on
bark and/or s moss in clay & nada: no new growths or blooms....... so WHAT
do they want??? God they **** me off!!!!

Best result I've gotten is high light in baskets with dry moss and I thinK
they bloom just before they expire... which doesn't get me anywhere fast.

Arrgh!!!!!!!!

K Barrett

Part of the problem is there are different requirements for
different ones. Some grow suspended in baskets of moss under the
Ascda's - These are 3/4 shade and very moist. Others like B.
lobbii 'Kathy's Gold' grow on the slab and would probably be
happier on a horizontal mat slab - but the mount area is
vertical. I have 2 that have gone adventurous and grown into the
upright on the mount wall. Humidity above 75% and the wall gets
misted when the floor does to raise the humidity or cool the
place. These may have a bit more light.

Cirr. I have in pots and in epi light. The problem is all these
plants ramble and are hard to contain.
SuE