Old 22-07-2005, 10:36 AM
BAC

"and-rea" wrote in message

Hi all
I'm a beginning gardener. I have a newly planted (June) fuscia and I
want to plant a lavender next to it. I've heard lavender can be quite
aggressive - will it choke out the fuscia?
Any advice for a gardening newbie would be gratefully received.

I don't claim to be an expert, but I do grow both lavenders and hardy
fuscias. I shouldn't worry about your problem until you know whether your
particular fuscia and lavender specimens are going to thrive, survive or
fail in your chosen location. If you are very fortunate, and both
thrive/survive, and your fuscia fails to hold its own, you can always cut
the lavender back, if the fuscia's display merits it (otherwise, move the
fuscia and enjoy the lavender).