Old 22-07-2005, 06:01 PM
willshak

On 7/22/2005 12:39 PM US(ET), Timothy took fingers to keys, and typed
the following:

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 00:36:01 +0000, wrote:

It drove me nuts at the time that I couldn't remember the name, but I just
saw the commercial again.

It's called the Grass Samurai.
http://www.grasssamurai.com/custompage.asp?page=1

I'd be interested to know how it works.

Here's what threw me off:
"If your cutting swords ever wear out, we'll send you
replacements...FREE."

But they include 24 of them in the kit. So if they don't wear out,
wouldn't I just need 3?

Ummm, 'cause it's crap..? I wouldn't dare buy something like this due to
the lack of customers' ability to purchase the re-fills in some local
manner. I would suspect that the "free replacements" really arn't free.
They'll tag on some crazy shipping/handeling fee to make up the difference.

I would suggest that you look for a fixed head for your trimmer. You
should be able to find a fixed head for most all trimmer makers. A fixed
head with .155 string will last a home owner user for a long time.
Reloading is very easy and the .155 string is cheap also.
Good luck.

I bought one for my Homelite gas trimmer in Lowes a week ago. Same
has two blades. Says it holds .080 to .105 diameter line. I have a roll
of trimmer line that I can cut into 8" pieces for replacements.
Arnold "KwikLoader". $20. Claims to fit most major brand trimmers. Has
a load of extra adapters, bolts, and nuts for different brands.

--
Bill