Old 22-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Treedweller

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 01:00:11 GMT, "Cindy" wrote:

Hey, are you supposed to cut the seed pods off the Crape myrtles? I have
one out in front of my house that I want to stay shorter, but I don't like
the "scalped" look, so I've just been pruning off the seeds as the flowers
fall.

Cindy

I agree with Victor--no need to cut off the seed pods, but no harm in
it, either, if they bug you. Beyond that, remove the whips that
sprout up from the ground and also the ones that sprout from the
branches and cut across/through the basic structure. This yields a
nice, small tree. Neglect to prune the sprouts and you'll get a big,
fat, nice bush. Your preference and inclination towards maintenance
will dictate which method prevails.