Old 22-07-2005, 03:10 PM
Reel Mckoi

"news group" wrote in message

WH are multiplying and are a nice deep green for the fist time since I
dug my pond! Yea! And the water lettuce is multiplying wonderfully. I
hope the duck weed will give me some compost material this year. I
guess the few 90+ degree temperatures we have been having have helped.
W. Dale

I mix the shredded fall leaves and garden waste with the WH and WL in the
fall. It makes an excellent compost by the following spring. We recycle
everything around here. Before using the compost I mix in some bone and
blood meal plus a few handfuls of Potash and Ironite. You should see our
garden!!! :-))
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b