Old 23-07-2005, 02:32 AM
Elaine T

Bill Stock wrote:
"gf225" wrote in message

Hi,

I'm obviously new here so "hello" to you all.

I'm not too sure how in depth you guys go with planted tanks so I
apologise in advance if this seems an odd question - if it's not an odd
question then great, perhaps someone can help!

I have a Juwel Rio 125, heavily planted, 3.6 WPG HO T8, CO2 30ppm,
Dennerle substrate and micro ferts, macro ferts dosed daily (KNO3 and
KH2PO4). pH 6.6, KH 3.5, GH 6, NO3 15ppm, PO4 1ppm.

Does anyone know where in the UK I can buy Potassium sulphate (K2SO4)?
If not does anyone know where I can buy Muriate of Potash (KCl)? If so
does anyone know how soluble either of these are? I'm after dosing
potassium as well as nitrates and phosphates.

Thanks.

--
gf225

I would think most garden centres have KCL or hydroponics stores carry a lot
of the specialty items. If you don't mind paying the shipping there is also
GregWatson.com in the U.S..

You might also find this helpful
http://fins.actwin.com/aquatic-plant.../msg00312.html. The Krib
is also a very good source of information.

That's not an odd question at all.

In addition to Bill's great suggestions, Kent makes Botanica K and
Seachem makes Flourish Potassium. The Kent product is dilute KCl; I
don't know what's in the Seachem stuff. Those products might be pricier
than what you're looking for since your tank is so large, but they're
easy to find for a quick fix. Google.co.uk lists plenty of aquarium
mail-order stores selling them.

KCl is extremely soluble - 34.7g/100 ml at 20C, increasing with
temperature. K2S04 isn't quite as soluble - 11.1g/100 ml at 20C.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__

Elaine T __