Old 22-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Gareee©

"Mike C" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, I took the suggestion from Bonnie and made a trip to Target. I
picked up an underbed storage container and a dish drainboard. Both
are clear. I used my Dremel to cut a spillover out of the front of the
large container. I placed the drainboard in front of it with about 4 "
under the container. I did a trial run to level things off and
eliminate any spillage. I then placed flat rocks over the drainboard
and used other stones to hide the plastic container. I threw a bunch
of hycaniths and water lettuce in the container to further help
camoflouge the container. I am not going to say it is the best
waterfall I've ever seen, but it looks decent and has no leaks and
should be fairly rodent proof.

Now if ya want to make it REALLY cool, get some of that rope light (the kind
without vent holes if possible.)

Blue works best.

Tear your waterfall apart again, and clean the outside of the plastic.

Now wrap the rope light around the container, maybe run some underneath it,
and duct tape it to the container.

Rebury the thing again, and replace your rocks on top of it, and maybe toss
a few smaller ones in the middle of the container.

Plug the ropelight in, and tonight, enjoy your lightup waterfall!

We did this with a translucent storage bin mini pond, and it was just
awesome at night! And that rope light really holds up very well.. that mini
pond was torn up 2 years ago, but the ropelight is still in use as outside
yard decoration year round, since then. (going on 4 years now!)

--
Gareee's Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm

Remove Delicious spam to reply