Old 23-07-2005, 01:55 AM
Reel Mckoi

"Lar" wrote in message
Have a new 275 gallon pond where I have the pump, pump through a
bulkhead in a 25 gallon tub..where I have an A/C filtering material at
the bottom of the tub and above the bulkhead...above the filtering
material I have the plants at different levels in the water...

## How will you clean the filter material when it's dirty or clogged?
You'll have to remove the plants.

no soil,
then the water spills over on to a small waterfall. Will this suffice or
will it depend on the plants or will a layer of soil and gravel creating
a bog be better for the filter. TIA

## People do it different ways and it works for them. I have a combination
settling tank-veggie filter with a bottom drain. It contains no filtering
material. Filter material is in the regular filter on the other side of the
pond.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b