Old 22-07-2005, 10:18 PM

On 2005-07-22, Don S wrote:
In article , "tomatolord" wrote:

Fall is almost 3 months away here I put in my lawns in late Oct when the
rains are consistent and the days are nice....

From what I have read, late October is usually regarded as too late for
seeding fescue, for the Triangle area.

Here's a planting chart from NCSU:
http://ipm.ncsu.edu/urban/horticultu...ns/table4.html

I have always used as Oct 1 as the last day to plant fescue.

I have not seen that chart, but I had always heard Sept 15-Oct 15 for
the RTP area. The chart says that is the dates for the coastal plain,
but we are on the eastern edge of the piedmont. Considering that we are
very close to the coastal plain tells me that some people may be able
to wait.

http://www.enr.state.nc.us/attractio.../piedmont.html

And the piedmont covers a large area to the west.

I think here you have to consider several factors. How much you want to
water is one. The later you wait the less you will have to water, BUT
if you have lots of trees you have to consider WHEN the leaves are going
to fall so waiting until OCT may not be feasible. If you are in an open
area with no worry of many fallen leaves then you can probably wait
until late october and hope there is not an early cold snap and you
would have to water less.

is a garbage address.