Old 22-07-2005, 09:37 PM
Kay

In article , Shirl
writes
On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 09:24:39 +0100, Kay
wrote:

In article , and-rea and-
writes

Hi all
I'm a beginning gardener. I have a newly planted (June) fuscia and I
want to plant a lavender next to it. I've heard lavender can be quite
aggressive - will it choke out the fuscia?
Any advice for a gardening newbie would be gratefully received.

Lavender can be pruned, so you will be able to keep it away from your
fuchsia.

Is your fuchsia a hardy one? If not, you will need to dig it up in the
autumn and overwinter indoors (or, more simply, take some cuttings from
it)

Is it OK to take cuttings from fuschias now - I thought it was in the
spring. I bought three plants from a garden show and was thingking of
taking cuttings just in case they did not survivie over winter. But
having reading various artilces thought I was took late

No, you're still OK. Fuchsias are one of the easiest things to root, so
you don't have to worry too much about whetehr or not it's the right
time.
--
Kay