Old 23-07-2005, 07:54 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Seems to me they might be Bull Frogs!

treefrogs? do they grow in the tadpoles stage too, then just leave
the pond?

As Kathy mentioned, Pacific Treefrogs are probably around your area, but
they won't last long in bullfrog territory and they won't breed in a pond
with fish, at least the eggs won't survive if they do. Thus, I give them
their own fishless pond, till the taddies are big enough, about mid-June,
then I put in fantail goldfish that don't swim all that fast. By mid-July
they've all turned to froglets and leave for the garden. I usually see one
every other day in amongst my plants when I'm out and about.

Here is my blog with some SHOTS of the POND! I really need to add some
new ones, the plants haev grown in so much.

http://califewiththebrowns.blogspot.com/

Love your yard/garden and pond. Let us know when you add the
new pics. ~ jan )

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~