Old 23-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Jupiter

Default Query re Mantis Tillers

I'm thinking of acquiring a Mantis Tiller to make a vegetable plot in
the coming autumn and winter. Area is currently grassed (I wouldn't
grace it with the term 'lawn'), kept short, not too afflicted with
perennial weeds apart from daisies and the odd dandelion. Soil is
fairly light with a good selection of flints. Potential problem might
be a lot of tree roots spreading from the Council's arboricultural
efforts outside my fence. Anybody had experience with these machines
on breaking new ground? Mantis info indicates that it's possible but
they are trying to sell the machines!