Old 18-11-2002, 06:22 PM
subbykins{Chrd}

Default Non-sprouting garlic

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002 07:17:03 -0700, "Dwayne" wrote:
"Robert Davies" wrote in message
About six weeks ago I planted some garlic cloves in pots in the
(unheated) greenhouse in the hope that they would start sprouting
before the winter. So far nothing. I just dug one up to see if it had
rotted - it looks perfectly healthy but with no sign of any root or
shhot developing. Should I just leave them and expect no sign of life
till the spring, or bring them indoors to see if the warmth gets them
started? And for future reference, should I have kept the cloves
indoors until they started sprouting before planting them out?

Many thanks

Robert

Can you grow garlic in a pot on a window ledge?

"The only time you don't fail is the last time you try anything -- and it
works."

- William Strong

subbykins{Chrd}