Old 18-11-2002, 10:06 PM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

Default Non-sprouting garlic

In message , H
writes
Can you grow garlic in a pot on a window ledge?

Yup ... but you aren't going to get much cookin' out of 1 bulb of garlic.

My garlic (both normal and elephant-types) has been planted in 3" pots for a
few weeks now and is nicely shooting. All alongside my onions, shallots etc,
again all in individual pots...

I'm just wondering why you bother putting the garlic in pots?

We just plant the cloves (not sprouting) in the ground in Octoberish
(last year we were well into November), they come up happily whatever
the weather.

We did experiment with putting cloches over some one year to see if it
made any difference. It didn't.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ: