Old 18-11-2002, 11:39 PM
Warwick

Default Pruning Shears & Saws

Begin ,
quote...
On Mon, 18 Nov 2002 00:15:27 -0000, Warwick
wrote:

I'm still a little bit curious why a company that is marketing a product
in the US is posting to a UK group though.

Surely not!

I reckon a huge and preponderant proportion of the "developed world"
depends for its living on convincing gullible people that they have
needs which don't in reality exist. The health of the ridiculous
economy to which we have allowed ourselves to be subjected depends on
endless consumption. Oy vey.

This one's a ruse from the petrochemical industry.

I doubt that. Although the guy may not have handled the use of
newsgroups very well since as far asd I can tell he tripped a filter and
ended up posting his reply via an anti troll mech I have running so his
emailed responses were posted.

His last one was long enough that it didn't trip anything and yet I feel
it is worth discussion to the group and I've asked him to post it to the
group or to grant me leave to do so. His initial approach was about
right I think, although it skipped the commercial aspect enough to
trigger the sceptic filters that we've all built up. His inadvertant
follow up is humorous for tripping stuff meant for elsewhere, but he
even followed that up showing that he's still around and reading.
Spammers don't normally stick around (unless their father bought them a
usenet account *ahem* different thread). He's starting to ask the right
questions from the wrong perspective though and I need the responses of
more gardners and scientists too to cover all of the stuff he's asking.

Warwick