Old 19-11-2002, 10:36 AM
Druss

Default Non-sprouting garlic

"Robert Davies" wrote in message
About six weeks ago I planted some garlic cloves in pots in the
(unheated) greenhouse in the hope that they would start sprouting
before the winter. So far nothing. I just dug one up to see if it had
rotted - it looks perfectly healthy but with no sign of any root or
shhot developing. Should I just leave them and expect no sign of life
till the spring, or bring them indoors to see if the warmth gets them
started? And for future reference, should I have kept the cloves
indoors until they started sprouting before planting them out?

Many thanks

Robert

I remember reading somewhere, the old fashioned idea that you plant garlic
on the shortest day and harvest it ont he longest. So I'd guess it's fine,
just give it more time.
Duncan