Old 24-07-2005, 02:28 AM
sherwindu

Default Cow Manure Question

There is only one Garden Center in my area that stocks the real thing cow manure. Unfortunately,
his supplier in Texas (Pure-Tex) has closed down and his substitute appears to be not as good.
The Pure-Tex product had a 2-1-2 rating and this new stuff is .2-.2-.2. I have since scoured
the web for alternatives and found a large variation in these specs, like 1-1-1 and 5-5-5. It seems

that if all this stuff is pure dehydrated cow manure, the ratings should all be very close.
I like cow manure because it is a slow release fertilizer and works great on flowers, vegetables,
and
fruit trees. Does anyone know of a supplier of this stuff who might ship it to a
Chicago area supplier, if I can find one? I also thought about mushroom compost,
but that is more directed to soil conditioning, like breaking up clay, and has a lot of
other material in it that I may not need. Comments are welcome.

Sherwin D.