Old 23-07-2005, 10:27 PM
Kay

In article , BoyPete
writes
..............that might be useful. Around my sweetcorn, I sowed two packets
of wild flower seeds to brighten things up. They grew well, and very
thickly. This morning, my son 'lost' a ball in them. After some poking
around, I saw it, and plunged my hand it to retrieve it. Did you know they
include nettles in 'wild flowers'??

I doubt that very much. The annual nettle seeds freely, and appears in
all sorts of places. Just because you've planted wildflower seeds
doesn't prevent the seeds that are already around in your garden from
germinating.

About 15 or so stings. A very liberal
application of Anthisan has kept the pain and swelling to a minimum. Lesson
learnt!

Next lesson: it's not just the wildflower patch where nettle seedlings
may appear. Be careful wherever you plunge your hand.
--
Kay