Old 23-07-2005, 07:51 PM
BoyPete

Default A warning..............

...............that might be useful. Around my sweetcorn, I sowed two packets
of wild flower seeds to brighten things up. They grew well, and very
thickly. This morning, my son 'lost' a ball in them. After some poking
around, I saw it, and plunged my hand it to retrieve it. Did you know they
include nettles in 'wild flowers'?? About 15 or so stings. A very liberal
application of Anthisan has kept the pain and swelling to a minimum. Lesson
learnt!
--
ßôyþëtë

Old 23-07-2005, 10:27 PM
Kay

In article , BoyPete
writes
..............that might be useful. Around my sweetcorn, I sowed two packets
of wild flower seeds to brighten things up. They grew well, and very
thickly. This morning, my son 'lost' a ball in them. After some poking
around, I saw it, and plunged my hand it to retrieve it. Did you know they
include nettles in 'wild flowers'??

I doubt that very much. The annual nettle seeds freely, and appears in
all sorts of places. Just because you've planted wildflower seeds
doesn't prevent the seeds that are already around in your garden from
germinating.

About 15 or so stings. A very liberal
application of Anthisan has kept the pain and swelling to a minimum. Lesson
learnt!

Next lesson: it's not just the wildflower patch where nettle seedlings
may appear. Be careful wherever you plunge your hand.
--
Kay

Old 23-07-2005, 10:45 PM
BoyPete

Kay wrote:
In article , BoyPete
writes
..............that might be useful. Around my sweetcorn, I sowed two
packets of wild flower seeds to brighten things up. They grew well,
and very thickly. This morning, my son 'lost' a ball in them. After
some poking around, I saw it, and plunged my hand it to retrieve it.
Did you know they include nettles in 'wild flowers'??

I doubt that very much. The annual nettle seeds freely, and appears in
all sorts of places. Just because you've planted wildflower seeds
doesn't prevent the seeds that are already around in your garden from
germinating.

About 15 or so stings. A very liberal
application of Anthisan has kept the pain and swelling to a minimum.
Lesson learnt!

Next lesson: it's not just the wildflower patch where nettle seedlings
may appear. Be careful wherever you plunge your hand.

Hi Kay,
I hear what you say, but my garden is very small.........no nettles, not
ever. 6ft wall all round. With respect, I'm totally convinced the nettles
(3 of them) came in the seeds. I've lived here 12 years, and never seen a
nettle.
--
ßôyþëtë

Old 24-07-2005, 07:49 AM
Kay

In article , BoyPete
writes
Kay wrote:
In article , BoyPete
writes
[...]

They won't have been a deliberate addition to the wild flower mixture.
--
Kay

Old 24-07-2005, 09:07 AM
BoyPete

Kay wrote:
In article , BoyPete
writes
Kay wrote:
In article , BoyPete
writes
[...]

ok, ta
--
ßôyþëtë

Old 24-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Anthony Anson

The message
from "BoyPete" contains these words:

They won't have been a deliberate addition to the wild flower mixture.

ok, ta

Well, unless the urg terrorists are loose at the packaging plant...

WARNING Help with growing vegetables Rubystars United Kingdom 14 14-01-2004 06:35 PM
Frost warning ?? JennyC United Kingdom 2 23-04-2003 06:48 PM
warning about mulch Allegra Roses 0 04-04-2003 05:44 AM
Another unusual poison warning - this time for dog owners jane taylor United Kingdom 7 01-04-2003 11:08 PM
(LONG) Warning on global warming Daniel B. Wheeler alt.forestry 0 03-01-2003 06:33 AM