Old 19-11-2002, 03:43 PM
Michael Savage

Default 'New' landscape style - website suggestions?

"Tricia Weston" wrote in message

"Michael Savage" wrote in message
.. .
Hi all

I am a parks manager and want to develop some new flowerbeds using the

'new'
perennial style. I have a reasonable idea what plants I would be looking

for
but was looking for some images so I can show people what I'm on about.

have John Brookes' The New Garden but it has few photos of the kind I'm
looking for (his are too 'natural' - I'm thinking of informal drifts of
single species, mixing herbaceous and grasses...). Checked Oehme & van
Sweden's company website but that didn't have anything suitable either.

Has
anyone got any pointers?

The link below has some herbaceous and grasses, also some images.
www.binnyplants.co.uk
I don't think the climate is too different either.

Tricia (Scotland)

Thanks Tricia and all for info esp. michaela for nice comments (sorry for
delay, was over in Mcr for a few days). No, Downhill/Mussenden is National
Trust, and to my shame I haven't actually been there yet, but will get there
now 'cos I like boggy things.

As for perennials, a nice Dutch guy was here yesterday to sell us dahlias
and left me some very useful literature so I can show people what I'm on
about.

Thanks also PaulK - very useful comment about winter weed growth,
particularly relevant here with it being so close to the sea.

And loved the enskoping site - will explore and steal ideas for our
website...

Michael S