Old 24-07-2005, 09:07 AM
BoyPete

Kay wrote:
In article , BoyPete
writes
Kay wrote:
In article , BoyPete
writes
..............that might be useful. Around my sweetcorn, I sowed
two packets of wild flower seeds to brighten things up. They grew
well, and very thickly. This morning, my son 'lost' a ball in
them. After some poking around, I saw it, and plunged my hand it
to retrieve it. Did you know they include nettles in 'wild
flowers'??

I doubt that very much. The annual nettle seeds freely, and appears
in all sorts of places. Just because you've planted wildflower seeds
doesn't prevent the seeds that are already around in your garden
from germinating.

About 15 or so stings. A very liberal
application of Anthisan has kept the pain and swelling to a
minimum. Lesson learnt!

Next lesson: it's not just the wildflower patch where nettle
seedlings may appear. Be careful wherever you plunge your hand.

I hear what you say, but my garden is very small.........no nettles,
not ever. 6ft wall all round. With respect, I'm totally convinced
the nettles (3 of them) came in the seeds. I've lived here 12 years,
and never seen a nettle.

They won't have been a deliberate addition to the wild flower mixture.

ok, ta
--
ßôyþëtë