Old 19-11-2002, 05:50 PM
subbykins{Chrd}

Default Need electric self propelled lawnmower

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 14:42:29 GMT, "Doddles"
wrote:

We have a small London back garden with about 40 minutes worth
of grass to cut. We want to do it ourselves as long as we can.
The Flymo is becoming too hard for us to manage. Is there such
a thing as a small electric self propelled lawn mower? If so
where would they be sold?
MTIA Doddles

As we both work at quite demanding jobs, and now have a medium sized
garden with a large area set to lawn and neither of us wants to mow it
regularly enough to keep it in good nick, we have invested in a
Robomow. Fantastic little thing. You lay a green wire circuit round
the edge of the lawn which connects to a small battery operated
circuit maker - you only have to do this once and after a short time
the wire disappears into the grass and is invisible. You drive out
the mower with a little remote pad set in the top, turn it on and off
it goes. You won't get the nice lawn stripes, but you do get all that
time to go off and do something more fun instead. It cuts well, you
can adjust the height, it tripple cuts the clippings so there's no
raking afterwards. I was a tad dubious in the first place thinking it
would be a technology that just wouldn't live up to the promises, but
it has, and I thoroughly recommend it. They're still not cheap but
are coming down in price all the time. http://www.allenpower.com/ is
the seller, their website will give you your local stockist. (I'm not
in anyway related to this company, just bought the product),

"The only time you don't fail is the last time you try anything -- and it
works."

- William Strong

subbykins{Chrd}