Old 20-11-2002, 02:25 PM
Druss

Default Beer dreams

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

"Robert cubitt" wrote in message
Hi
Where can I get:
1. Hops
2. My well water tested?

er, how do you grow hops anyway?

Yrs
Blob

You need a named hop form if you want to grow them for brewing (not the
golden hop, it produces hops but not enough) I have heard "Fuggle" is OK.
and you need to find out whether its a variety best fertilized or not, as
hops are either male or female.

My local Enviomental health dept came out and tested the well for me , its
free where I live!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

I understood that it was illegal to grow male hops in this country, since if
they fertilise the commercial varieties it would ruin their flavour, or some
such. Could be wrong, could be old wives tale, could be confused, beer
(after all) good !!!
Duncan