Old 20-11-2002, 06:58 PM
Dan Champion

Default Non-sprouting garlic

Well, here in Central Scotland I've always planted in December, always
harvested in July, always had a bumper crop.. :O)

I guess there is no hard and fast rule, so if you're growing it for the
first time plant some now and some later and see how it grows for you.

Dan

"Chris French and Helen Johnson" wrote
in message ...
In message ,
writes
"Druss" wrote:

I remember reading somewhere, the old fashioned idea that you plant

garlic
on the shortest day and harvest it ont he longest.

It's just that, and for most people, wrong.

Yep, late December is way to late, either earlier or later on in late
winter. And late June is early for most varieties for harvesting.
(though it of course depends where this saying hails from.