Old 20-11-2002, 09:02 PM
DaveDay34

Default Pruning Shears & Saws

This thread is interesting, but poorly managed by the origional poster. The
product is American, and while not 'bad' per se the web site does seem to only
cater for Americans (from what I remember). So, as someone else has already
commented, why post to a UK newsgroup?

I think a little more thought, openess, and honesty are needed from this
poster. If he wants to get opinions about a US product that the company he
represents is hoping to market within the UK, then he needs to express that
more clearly. He also needs to ask specific (sensible) questions to get a
serious, helpful response. A few free samples would not cost and serious
company very much indeed, and would surely be normal for any company wanting to
test the water for a new product (market research?).

Personally, if I was serious about breaking into a new market in a country with
different cultural values, etc. I would offer free samples along with a
questionaire to be filled out giving feedback, and also ample space for
comments from testers. The arguement might be that the product has been
tested, and works, but to break into a new market takes a little more effort
and thought than seems to have been shown so far.

Just my own opinion, for what it's worth.

Dave.

P.S.

Sending a free sample to Gardening Which? for testing would be a good move, if
the product is as good as is claimed. Independent testing and approval by a
well known UK consumer group could do wonders for such a product. If mentioned
in the Gardening Which? magazine, it could amount to free publicity to
thousands of gardeners all over the UK.