Old 24-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Steveo

Timothy wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 09:42:02 +0000, Steveo wrote:

Timothy wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:46:17 -0700, travelinmatt wrote:

Take the information for what it is worth and don't worry that a
company sent it out.

1. If you want to prevent grubs, now is the time to appy the
products to do so. It helps with the environment because treating
now with the specific product for grubs is a lot less toxic than
treating after they are already doing damage to the turf and the
lawn company has to use a general pest control that kills a lot more
insects including the beneficial ones.

I have to completly disagree with this statement. You CAN NOT prevent
grubs but only kill the ones that may already be there.

Actually Merit or Mach II only work as a preventitive, not a curative.

Correction noted. Thank you for exposing my error,

-snip-
So at the end of the day, I would only suggest that the use of this
chemical if there was a serious infestation that was un-affected by other
treatment options.

Yea, if it only worked that way. Once again, it only works on very small
grubs so it is -not- a curative. If you wait until you find grub damage,
you CAN NOT use Merit or Mach II for a control product, since the grubs
will have too much body weight for these preventatives to be effective.

I'm not trying to argue with you, Tim, I'm just explaining the control
window for these products.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/