Old 25-07-2005, 12:53 AM
Tom Randy

On 2005-07-24 17:48:17 -0400, Darren Garrison said:

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 16:01:01 -0400, Jacqueline Cahoon
wrote:

Here at least they fly around mostly at day. At lest, that's when my
trap catches them. One trap
has caught literally several thousand of them.
What kind of trap is that?

Just google "japanese beetle trap". There are multiple models of
them-- but they all boil down to a
pheromone lure over a bag. The beetles fall into the bag and can't fly
out again. I bought mine at
Wal-Mart, but I'm sure you can get them anywhere with a garden center.

I use a plastic type by Teece. Quart sized green plastic with screw on
yellow plastic veins.

Tom

--
Chris: "Dad, what's a blowhole for?"
Peter: "I'll tell you what it's NOT for and then you'll know why I can