Old 25-07-2005, 03:23 AM
Darren Garrison

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 23:47:50 GMT, "Vox Humana" wrote:

I have read that the traps actually can cause more harm than good as they
attract the beetles to your yard and unless everyone in the area has such a
trap, you end up attracting more than you kill.

I've read that, too, but all I know from personal experience is that my canna lilies, which were
being utterly destroyed by the beetles, are now virtually beetle-free and the flowers actually stay
in bloom instead of being eaten away as soon as they bloom. I live in a rural area filled with open
fields and woods, so placing traps everywhere wouldn't be feasable.