Old 25-07-2005, 03:27 AM
Darren Garrison

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 20:58:14 -0400, Bill R wrote:

Placement is extremely important with the traps. They need
to be placed away from the area of the plants that the
beetles bother (in my case Dahlias). They do such a good
job of attracting and catching the beetles it is NOT
necessary for a the neighbors to have them (unless you have
really a lot of beetles). Since I started using them I have
very little damage to my Dahlias.

The one I have (don't remember the brand-- maybe Ortho?) says that it controls 1/8th square acre.
The way I figure it, I can't kill every june bug in my area, but at least the thousands I do kill
are off my plants and will not be laying eggs.