Old 25-07-2005, 07:27 PM
John H.

"Nikki Casali" wrote in message
John H. wrote:

I have a basic CO2 setup, 5 lb bottle with regulator. I filled it a 3-4
months ago and its almost empty?
I'm checking for leaks around the seals but how many bubbles per minute
is adaquate for plants. If I dont find any leaks then maybe I just had
the flow too high? (65gal tank)

I worked out that 2 bubbles per second will keep my tank at about 7.2 pH
from a natural 8.1 in a 75 UK gallon tank. At night, that's a different
rate, but my pH controller sorts that out by usually switching off the
CO2. It sounds like you may have a leak. But what pH drop are you
obtaining from your bubble rate.

Nikki

I'm not sure, this is my first planted tank and I'm still tackling the
learning curve for it. Compared to my
first tank (just your basic freshwater wth plastic plants), there are so
many new things to learn, but so far my
tank looks very nice. The plants are really taking off.
So why is it important to know the pH drop? I guess you dont want it to drop
too far?
thanks