Old 26-07-2005, 12:01 AM
Starlord

The few japases bettles I see out here don't bother my I.Canna ( canna are
NOT lilies ), but I also watch out and distroy their grubs when I find them.
Their's Milky Spore which you can put on the ground which helps kill the
groubs from the JB's.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net

"Darren Garrison" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 23:47:50 GMT, "Vox Humana"
wrote:

I have read that the traps actually can cause more harm than good as they
attract the beetles to your yard and unless everyone in the area has such
trap, you end up attracting more than you kill.

I've read that, too, but all I know from personal experience is that my
canna lilies, which were
being utterly destroyed by the beetles, are now virtually beetle-free and
the flowers actually stay
in bloom instead of being eaten away as soon as they bloom. I live in a
rural area filled with open
fields and woods, so placing traps everywhere wouldn't be feasable.