Old 26-07-2005, 01:22 AM
John Savage

writes:
Years ago a friend at work gave me a huge Zuchinni. I put it in the
trunk of my car and forgot about it. It began to smell and I never
got the smell out.

When I was a uni student I lived away from home to be closer to the campus.
My parents visited one time and brought me a large marrow that Dad had
grown. I propped it up in the corner of my bedroom and forgot about it.
Rediscovering it months later, I marched through the house with it slung
over my shoulder and in the kitchen announced, "I'm going to cook this for
dinner" as I swung it down from my shoulder towards the tabletop. In mid-arc
the marrow disgorged its rotted contents of watery mush to splatter from one
end of the kitchen floor to the other. I was left with just an empty rubbery
tube, and a stinking kitchen floor to wash. It was fortunate that the rotter
had held together while I carried it down the carpet in the hallway or the
mess would not have so easily been cleaned up!