Old 26-07-2005, 05:27 AM
Susan Erickson

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 19:30:09 -0700, "K Barrett"
wrote:
Well that makes me feel a little better, Dave. The wet then dry cycle seems
to be the key....

I actually *read* a book about these, (Segirst's book on Bulbos) and she
recommends an open medium, that allows the plant to get wet and then dry
over the day. Maybe a basket lined with sphag and filled with bark mix
perhaps top-dressed with s moss....

Argh!

I decide to read the book AFTER I took all mine out of moss and clay and put
them in moss and plastic baskets..... But you should have seen the bush
snails!!! ICK! And the fungus gnat population has been reduced (for this
nano-second only...)

Also she recommends 'light shade' for the species I'm growing...now I have
to figure out what she means by that. I think I'll put them in phal light
and bump up from there.

sigh. Good thing I'll never have to decide whether to take the lady or the
tiger...looks like when given an option I'll choose wrong every time! *G*!

For me - if the leaves are not 'rich' green - turn the slightest
bit light - it is too much. Let us know what you find.
SuE