Old 26-07-2005, 04:01 AM
kathy

I'd start with goldfish, they stay relatively small,
compared to koi and can be just as pretty.

Try for 20 gallons per goldfish.

Then if you have room and get really into ponding
you can build a bigger pond and fix all the mistakes
you might have made the first time around.

If you post your plans as you go along we'll have lots
of advice for you.

Price - your biggest expense will be the liner and
whatever you use to raise the sides. Then there will
be the pump and whatever kind of filtration you decide
on. As with many things, a filter you build yourself will
be cheaper and work better.

Check the second site in my sig for some more information.

kathy :-) www.blogfromthebog.com
this week ~ shoot the heron?

Pond 101 page for new pond keepers ~