Old 27-07-2005, 02:22 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Mary's book

I'm sitting here at my desk after just finishing my second
re-read (that's 3 readings, if you can't count :-) ) of
long-time IBCer, Marry Miller's new book "Bonsai With
Tropicals -- Some Things I learned Along the Way."

"What," you exclaim, "ANOTHER bonsai how-to book? How many
do we need of these?"

Not to worry. THIS book is for folks who have the Sunset
book memorized (and Mary started with Sunset, too!), who
have all of Herb's books, and who have a few good or
moderately-well-done bonsai on their tables already. It is
filled with little tips and tricks that make doing bonsai
easier and more fun . . . and your trees better.

AND, its a very nice read, too.

The TOC:

Lessons in Learning and Teaching
Technique
Odds and Ends
My Haiku Attempt
Personal Thoughts
Wire
Growing Aspects
Light
Species notes
Cold and Colder Weather
Problems and Pests
Tools
Bonsai Stories
Conclusion

There you have a life of bonsai summed up in a brief column.
While "Bonsai With Tropicals" may be one of the more
unorthodox books on the subject around, it also is extremely
informative -- even if, like me, you have few tropicals.

Lots of fun. (And there may be another on the way!)

Order from Mary C. Miller, PO Box 924483, Princeton FL
33092-4483. $16.95 USD

More info:

Enjoy . . .

Jim Lewis -