Old 28-07-2005, 02:56 AM
Danny

"Danny" wrote in message
Ive been reading up quite a lot about building fish ponds & water gardens
& what I see is that they all advocate the use of PVC liners for lining
the pond. Nobody talked about using bricks & cement or mortar. I'm
actually planning to build a fish pond measuring about 18'x20' in my
garden and I plan to build a more permanent structure by using bricks &
cement and subsequently after plastering, applying it with waterproof
coating. Besides the cost aspect and probably the acidity problem which
could quite easily be cure or neutralized, what are the other
disadvantages or adverse effects that could crop up ? I have in fact
constructed the bio-filter & waterfall with bricks and wandering if it
would be disastrous to continue with the main pond the same way.
Appreciate your expert advice before I proceed further. Thanks all.

Regards,
Danny